China has witnessed economic development in the last few years that has transformed her from a basket case to the premier world economy and power as at 2016.Therefore it worth asking,what was done with excellence to obtain this outcome in a relatively short time of 25 years.
My conjecture :this may be reduced to a bare minimum_ simple leadership at the helm of the Communist party.Obviously what we have here is inflexible discipline in the party with unintended consequences
.Taking this as a given , its no wonder the party produced leaders like Hu Jintao who was the paramount leader of China at a time when economic transformation was at its fastest.
Hu jintao ideas demonstrates he was leader worth following. And the Chinese followed him from the year 2002 to 2012.According to him there are 8 honors and disgraces that helped him measure the work,conduct and attitudes of party officials.
- Love of country-Do no harm to china
- Service to the citizens-never betray people but serve them
- Science-drink deeply from the river of science ;throw out through the nearest window ,ignorance and folk traditions not backed by data
- Diligent- Work hard and avoid indolence
- Unity-Help fellow Chinese and make no gains at the expense of each other.
- Fidelity-be honest and trustworthy
- Rigid party discipline-be disciplined and law abiding;do not be chaotic and lawless.
- Frugality-live plainly,work hard and do not willow in luxuries and pleasures.
By any standards these are good ideas because they can help many people form habits and attitudes that help the economy work better. In such a situation what is left is for the leader to spell the vision .With all people behind the leader pulling toward a vision, its a matter of when, not if economic transformation can happen.Matter of fact many pundits agree- this is the China century.